Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pavelka Project - March - Faux Technique


This month for the Pavelka Project we are working with Faux techniques. The three featured are Cinnabar, Ivory and Turquoise. I chose to work with the turquoise and I was amazed with the results!

Clay Blobs

Here is what my pieces looked like before baking. Not very impressive are they! I also decided to bake my lentil bead before I ruined it! I have no idea what I will be making in into yet but at least it is now baked.


Step two: Paint

After the paint dried I got out the buffer that I made from a mini tabletop grinder I got at Harbor Freight and their inner beauty started to show! (I'll share more on the buffer in a future post)

Before Buffing



After Buffing

What a difference a little buffing makes! The above pendant was only buffed, it has no gloss or glaze on it in the above picture! Once I buffed each of them I started working with the jewelry findings I had on hand. 

The beaded bracelet is actual turquoise the rest are faux!

Earrings

Plain Pendant

Set Pendant

Bracelet

I have 2 more pendants I am working on and another one in the oven baking! I had so much fun making these items and I'll definitely be wearing them. These pictures do not do these pieces justice! They are really beautiful.

I am so glad I stumbled upon the Pavelka Project and the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge, both of which are being hosted by Katie over at Katers Acres. This project has been amazing so far. I am making things I would have thought about but not tried and I LOVE it!







1 comment:

  1. Wow, crazy how after that buffing it just looks like turquoise!

    ReplyDelete