Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Petaluma Doll Show Update

 
Greetings, I am a little awe struck. Last week I received the official postcard advertisement for the Petaluma Doll show. My name is not on the postcard as I am included in the "additional juried artists" but when I submitted my work I had no idea the scope of artists that would be invited.

I have taken several classes from both Wendy and Toby Froud and their skill, love of teaching and overall love of the doll as an artistic medium is really what got me hooked on sculpting. I knew they were invited artists. Christine Shively and Linda Yaxley are  friends of mine and their work is stunning, I knew they would be there as well. I have taken classes from Kate Church and will be taking another one from her in September, she is another artist that I enjoy and have worked with personally and I knew she would be there.

With all that said, I had no idea how many other artists that I admire were included in this show! Lisa Renner, EJ Taylor, Elinor Peace Baily and Marilyn Radzat (to name just a few) are all artists whose work inspires me. I can not even begin to express how excited I am about just going to this show. The fact that my work is going to be included in the show just makes my whole year!

Getting into the show has been a highlight of my sculpting career. I feel validated and I am inspired to continue to work and grow my art. Stay tuned for some new works in progress!

Thanks for stopping by,

Debbie



2 comments:

  1. It is so great you got in! I really want to meet the Frouds one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura. They are amazing and genuine people. I hope you get to meet them one day!!

    ReplyDelete