Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Saturday, January 12, 2019

2019 Polymer Clay Goals

This year has started out rough, losing my dad has been terrible and the hole he has left will never be filled. But I can't mope around forever. Grief comes in waves and while I know it will never go away, it will get better.

This year I chose not to participate in the 2019 Polymer Clay Challenge, at least not until after I complete my Masters (2 classes left!). Instead, I decided to set a couple of personal, polymer clay goals.

This year my goals are to:

Finish my house elf. He stands 32 inches tall and has been patiently waiting for hands, hair and clothes for a year. Here is what he looks so far:





Next I need to finish my Troll. I made him in November right after a painting demonstration I attended taught by the amazing Toby Froud. I was so inspired to try his techniques that this guy was born. I had planned on just making a head to try the techniques I learned but this guy needs to be finished! The pins on his face are placeholders for whiskers :0)


After these two are complete I want to finish a few zombies for my Artsy Zombie Etsy shop. I have several sculpted and even painted but they need clothes. Soon I will have time to sculpt again. I am looking forward to it.

D

2 comments: