This year I am once again participating in the Polymer Clay Challenge bring hosted by Katie over at KatersAcres. I have again decided to make a head, a pair of hands or a pair of feet each week. This week I was a bit late but I did it! I made a head for a torso I’ve had sitting around.
So here is my first head of the year. She has places on her back for wings, so she may turn out to be a fairy... we shall see how she feels about that once I get started on her costume.
I’m happy with her. I’ve been a slacker with my sculpting so she is not as polished as I want her to be but that is what this challenge is for. To hone my skills by picking up my tools and the clay and sculpting each week; as with anything the more you do it the better you get and I didn’t do enough sculpting last year.
I do have some sanding and cleaning up to do on her but overall I am happy with how my first face of the year came out.
I hope to be posting my weekly projects on Saturdays but I actually get a project done mid-week then up it goes!