Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Welcome to my Mad Tea Party

Mad Tea Party 2016

Welcome to my Mad Tea Party 2016. 
A BIG thank you to Vanessa from A Fanciful Twist 
for hosting this wonderful party once again. 
Every year I look forward to this event. 
It is fun to participate in and a joy to explore. 

Be sure to stop by Vanessa's party for a visual treat as well as 
links to all of the parties being held today.


The tarts are fresh and the cupcake rich and creamy. Both are perfect with tea. 


Be careful of the tiny bottle you see tucked among the flowers. 
It's pretty and the flavor is most delicious but also quite potent. 
Drink at your own risk!


The Flamingos are always happy to see you. 
They love a good party, especially if there are treats. 
This one put on his best scarves for the day.


The White Rabbit was here for a while 
but he was late for another engagement and had to run,
If you happen to see him please let him know he left his hat!


The tea is ready. 


Please help yourself to some treats. 


I hope you enjoy your time with me this year. 
The weather is beautiful and the company is quirky and fabulous.  


Thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you at the next stop.

This year I am giving away a clay Alice in Wonderland themed directional sign post. Below is a sample that I am still finishing :0). Its ROUGH (obviously)! The winner will get to choose 5 words or short phrases for their sign post. Colors will be the same or similar to those shown.


To be entered into this random drawing you must be a follower of this blog and leave a comment below. I will draw a name using a random number generator (number is based on the number of your comment) on Saturday August 13th. Winner must claim their prize by August 20th or another name will be drawn.

Before you leave let me share with you a silly story about something that happened this morning, as I was setting up my party...

My son and his friend (both 19) were sitting in our living room playing a game when I walked through the house with a life sized flamingo in one hand, a table in the other while wearing a white rabbit top hat. Normally, they never pay attention to me when they are playing games. Today they both looked up as I was heading towards the back door. They looked at me, looked each other and went back to their game. Since I've been doing blog parties not much surprises my son or his friends. They know that they get to play too and help sample the goodies that are left over.

See you at the next party...

19 comments:

  1. Lovely party! I enjoyed my visit!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love that you invited flamingoes to your party! This was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party and I love the reactions of your son and his friend. My kids are the same way lol. I enjoyed your party and I love your sculpture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's a Wonderland party without flamingos, right? Or without those deliciously fresh cupcakes. Your party has left me starving. Everything looks sooo good!

    Happy Mad Tea Party! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delicious tea .....
    So cute .... love the flamingos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, at least you got a game pause! Mine just shakes his head.
    How wonderful that the flamingo wore the very best scarf!
    I had as many treats as I could so there would not be left overs. When you have time, please visit me. I shared music. http://dogsmomvisits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful!! Thank you for your hospitality, Dear!
    Happy Mad Tea-ing!
    Hugs,
    Annehttp://alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.com/2016/07/welcome-to-mad-tea-party-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful!! Thank you for your hospitality, Dear!
    Happy Mad Tea-ing!
    Hugs,
    Annehttp://alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.com/2016/07/welcome-to-mad-tea-party-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had such fun at your party, with the pretty pink flamingo, the fruit tarts were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that the 19 year olds actually noticed. Nice party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute party, funny about your sons, please visit me here:
    http://plumfieldhousegardens.blogspot.com/2016/07/scottish-faerie-mad-tea-party.html#links
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  12. I became a follower, google will not let me use Plumfield Gardens, so, this is my other blog, Victorian Tailor

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy unbirthday to you...like your pictures....sorry i´m late
    Hugs
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! Maybe in a couple of years your son will want to play a part in the tea party, you never know what will happen. Sorry for being so late, thanks for a lovely party, I'm drooling over those cupcakes as I type. Cheers, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic party! Loved all your pictures! Those cupcakes look so yummy! Made me laugh about your son and his friend! LOL!
    (Would love to be entered in your giveaway!)
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm late, I'm late! But I finally made it. This was my last, but surely not least, party to visit! Thank you for such lovely treats. And a giveaway! Yay! (I followed your blog, even though I thought for sure I already had!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for a lovely party. Treats looks delicious, colors are so fantastic. Inviting you to our one:
    http://blythetheque.blogspot.fr/2016/07/the-most-fragrant-roses-party-la-vie-en.html
    Hugs.

    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.
    Wool Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello! I'm contacting blogging friends from years past who participated in tea party blog hops to see if you'd like to join the one I'm hosting in August. I hope you'll participate. I think it's going to be a lot of fun! You can find all the info on today's post.

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete