Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Update to Updated Week 34 Head - She is Painted

In this post I showed you the changes I made to my week 34 #2017PCChallenge head. I added more clay to "flesh out" the face and it improved it immensely.

I finally got around to using the Genesis Heat Set paints to paint her. I've haven't really used these paints too much so this was an experiment. I found that I need different paint brushes so that I have better control and I also need to mix some different colors for blushing before I do this again. Since I love to shop for tools I will be paying a visit to the craft store soon.

Here she is:

Before Adding Cheeks

Cheeks Added
Using Genesis Heat Set Paints

There is always a learning curve when you learn to use a new medium. These paints are interesting and give a sheer, realistic color to the face. I will need to add additional layers to get the look I want but overall I am pleased with my first real shot at painting a face with these paints. 




1 comment: