Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

New Toy!

Cricut Maker (image from Joann.com)

For graduation my mom wanted to get me something fun, something that she knew I would enjoy but wouldn't buy for myself so she got me the Cricut Maker die cut machine.

I have an industrial die cut machine from when I owned my retail store but it is old and heavy. Don't get me wrong, I still love it but this new machine does everything that my old industrial machine does and more. It is also lighter, quieter, and much smaller. Hobby technology has finally caught up to my beloved Pazzle pro.

The only thing I don't like about Cricut is their design space software. It is very limiting. To create new designs I still need to use my Pazzle software or Adobe Illustrator. I will learn their software but I'm sure I'll be using my own software since it is much more powerful and once I design something I can upload it to design space... an extra step but so much easier than trying to work in design space.

Overall I am thrilled with this new toy. I've already created a cutting file for a top hat to fit the size dolls I make. I need to make a few adjustments to the pattern but it cut beautifully and I can resize it to the exact size I need.

I see lots of fun ways to utilize this machine in my sculpting. Mostly for making clothing. I am working on a bustier pattern and a skirt pattern. Once I get a basic pattern designed I can customize and resize it as needed. Now if I only had a few weeks off work to play!

Next up... heading to a Kate Church class

No comments:

Post a Comment