Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Friday, January 6, 2017

2017 Polymer Clay Challenge Week 1


Well I did it! I finished my first sculpted head of the new year. Her eyes were made using the technique I developed from Lisa Pavelka's Smoosh cane which I'll be sharing later this year.

Since 2017 started on a Saturday, my plan is to share my 2017 Polymer Clay Challenge sculptures on Sunday's.

Week 1 down, only 51 more to go! She hasn't revealed her name to me yet, she'll probably do that once she gets hair. It really does make a difference.

Here she it:
Wow! Look at those crazy eyes

Eyelids and a Chin

 
Nose, Ears and Lips

Some color - Pre-Bake

 And here she is, my baseline for the year, baked and ready for hair. 

Notice that the color becomes less intense once it is baked. I learned to use regular makeup and Pan Pastel's on my figures from the amazing Kate Church. This is now one of my favorite ways to add color to human-link sculptures though I still prefer to paint my creatures!

I already see some areas to work on but overall I'm happy with how she came out. 

Until next week ;0)

1 comment: