Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 Polymer Clay Challenge - Week 1 (Actually Week 8)


This week my goal for the challenge was to create a head. It has taken me all week since I have only been working on him a few minutes at a time but I am pretty happy with how he came out.

Before Hair and Paint

After Hair and Paint

He will be my first Leprechaun. You have to excuse his shiny chin, the adhesive is still a bit wet right now! 

The Burr Oak cap was something he asked for so he'll be more of a woodsy Leprechaun than a cartoony one. I can't wait to see what he looks like when he is finished. I know he'll have a pipe and some decoration in his beard but that is about all I know at this point. 

I am pretty happy that I managed to complete the first week of the challenge (at least since I joined). For the next week I think I am going to make another head. I love sculpting faces, you never know who is going to pop out of the clay!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you :0) I hope to have him fleshed out and clothed by the end of the month so he can hang out with me on St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, can't see the comment box, so I thought I would use the reply button. Just wanted to say, he is brilliant! Well done ;o)

      Delete