Thanks for stopping by. For a peek at my studio click here.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

2015 Polymer Clay Challenge


Being home recuperating from surgery is difficult for me! I've had to slow down, a lot, because my body is healing but in those few minutes of energy I have each day I have been surfing Pinterest and the internet for fun ideas.

I found the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge being hosted by Katie over at KatersAcres on my first day home and thought it looked like fun, then I took a nap. I kept coming back to the challenge because I just liked the idea. Finally today, during my latest moments of energy, I signed up! I also signed up for the Lisa Pavelka challenge being hosted by Lisa Pavelka and Katie from KatersAcers - I'll post about this later!

The reason I decided to join was because I get to set my own goals. The object is to complete one polymer clay project each week. I decide what type of project I want to complete and go from there.

I have been thinking about this a lot and I think I am going to try to complete one of three things - a sculpted head, a pair of hands or a pair of feet. These are the areas of my sculpting that I always want to improve so practice is a good thing. I am going to try to step out of my comfort zone and sculpt things like dragon feet or troll hands, maybe even a goblin face.

This week I have chosen to do a face. Normally when I make faces they are female. I have made less than a dozed male sculptures so this time I am making a wee little male leprechaun face.

Stay tuned to see what I end up with... after my nap!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fascinating! Make sure you let yourself rest and recuperate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise I am! I tend to do things in spurts - then take a nap!

    ReplyDelete